Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Chocolate-Dipped Potato Chip Cookies

I love the combination of salty and sweet.  A hint of salt can take a good dessert to the level of greatness.  This year for Christmas I tried a Cook's Country recipe for Chocolate-Dipped Potato Chip Cookies, and in my opinion, they are delicious.  They have a similar texture to a shortbread cookie and remind me a bit of Pecan Sandies, but they have great crunch and texture from crushed potato chips.  They are dipped halfway in chocolate which hardens and creates the perfect counterpoint to the saltiness of the chips, and to make things even better, the chocolate is sprinkled with a bit of sea salt before it cools completely.  


These cookies are so easy to make, quick considering that you have to dip them also, and they are sweet, salty, and full of flavor.  I will definitely be making them again.  


Since I have not changed this recipe at all, I do not feel comfortable posting it here.  However, if you do not already have access to recipes on Cook's Country, you can sign up for a free trial to get it. It is well worth the effort.  



1 comment: